Want to change the world? Join the Sanky Team!
Looking for somewhere to flex your skills and make the world a better place while you do it? That's the name of the game at Sanky—and we happen to be hiring for two new positions!
Based in New York City, we're a tight-knit group creating innovative campaigns for our nonprofit clients, specializing in direct mail, online and integrated fundraising. Our passionate team works hard to help good causes grow, and we have fun while we do it.
If meaningful work (and an abundance of homemade snacks) sounds right to you, please review the positions below and apply!
The Account Manager will support the management of a roster of direct mail division clients and their campaigns. The position requires a well-organized, detail oriented, multi-tasker to help manage the day-to-day workflow of multiple projects, coordinating with the Account team, in-house Creative and Production teams, and clients.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com (with the “DM Account Manager” in the subject line). Note that your cover letter will be reviewed as a writing sample, and should reflect your best work. No calls please!
- Serve as Account team contact for a group of direct response clients.
- Build client relationships.
- Manage, and lead as necessary, client communications including meetings and calls.
- Coordinate and execute direct mail campaigns for agency clients.
- Work closely with Production and Creative teams and clients on developing campaign collateral, including but not limited to: copy, artwork, photos, data and reports.
- Utilize in-house project management tool (Basecamp) and templates to organize, track and coordinate campaign elements with Creative, Production and Account team members.
- Submit and manage work orders, review drafts and proofs, obtain client approvals and review materials at each stage for accuracy.
- Ensure deadlines are met according to mail and production schedules, and projects are carried out with the highest level of accuracy.
- Proof and QC at all stages of campaign work—copy, setups, proofs and campaign reporting.
- Track, review and compile data as needed for direct mail campaigns and client reporting.
- Participate in client meetings and calls.
- Keep account team informed and up-to-date on status of direct mail campaigns.
- Participate in regular account planning and production meetings; track details as needed.
- Keep digital account teams informed and share information and creative assets.
- Create and submit analytic reports to clients.
- Create and submit accurate mailing reports to clients/service bureaus and Sanky Analytics team.
- Record invoices and expenses for direct mail campaigns and submit invoices to client for processing.
- Manage special in-house mailings and gift acknowledgments.
- Work in partnership with Production team to maintain sample books for mailings.
- Assist in creating agendas and taking meeting notes.
- Route files to Account, Creative, and Production teams.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and capable of prioritizing and meeting tight deadlines.
- Great attention to large amount of detail with excellent follow-through.
- Must possess exceptional communication, organizational, time and project management skills.
- Highly competent with Microsoft Word and Excel, including experience building formulas and working in pivot tables in Excel. PowerPoint a plus.
- Strong proofreading skills for copy and data.
- Creative and proactive problem solver.
- Keen understanding of following procedures and protocols.
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor with colleagues, vendors and clients at all times.
- Ability to prepare business communications that are coherent and grammatically correct.
We're looking for someone who is well-rounded in integrated fundraising, email marketing, online advertising, SEM, SEO and SMO. The ideal candidate would have good presentation, interpersonal communication and business writing skills, an analytic mind—and passion for nonprofit causes. There is a lot of potential for long-term growth, coupled with a competitive salary and benefits.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (with the “Digital Strategist/Account Executive” in the subject line). Note that your cover letter will be reviewed as a writing sample, and should reflect your best work. No calls please!
- 5-7 years nonprofit fundraising and/or marketing experience, including minimum of 3 years of digital fundraising experience (a must!).
- Consulting or agency experience (a big plus!).
- Able to execute responsibilities with minimal oversight.
- Ability to organize and effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Outstanding project management skills (experience with Basecamp).
- Excellent communicator, especially writing business correspondence (report analysis, strategy memos, project briefs, proposals) and public speaking.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of online, email, social media marketing, fundraising and advocacy trends.
- Expert skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (experience with Pivot Tables).