Driven do-gooder? Resourceful world-changer? Let's meet. Take a look at our opportunities below and apply today!
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - INTEGRATED FUNDRAISING AND MARKETING
Job type: Full time
Sanky Communications is a marketing and communications agency providing fundraising and marketing counsel to nonprofit organizations. We seek an Account Executive to oversee and manage direct marketing fundraising, advocacy and marketing campaigns for our diverse nonprofit client base (e.g., animal welfare, medical, human rights, wildlife, social service organizations).
We're looking for someone who is well-rounded in integrated fundraising, direct mail, email marketing, and digital acquisition. The ideal candidate would have good presentation, interpersonal communication and business writing skills, an analytic mind – and passion for nonprofit causes. There is a lot of potential for long-term growth, coupled with a competitive salary and benefits.
Location: New York City or Remote
- Passionate about the nonprofit sector and nonprofit causes
- Extensive experience in nonprofit fundraising and/or marketing experience, including direct marketing fundraising experience (a successful candidate likely has 5-10 years experience)
- Preferably consulting or agency experience
- Preferably experience managing staff
- Knowledge and experience with nonprofit fundraising and email marketing software (please provide a list of platforms you have experience in)
- Ability to execute responsibilities with minimal oversight
- Enjoys and excels at organizing and effectively managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Outstanding project management skills (experience with Basecamp a plus)
- Excellent communicator, especially writing business correspondence (e.g., report analysis, strategy memos, creative briefs, budget proposals, projections) and public speaking
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of direct marketing, email, social media, search marketing, fundraising and advocacy trends
- Expert skills in Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides and/or Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Sanky offers extensive benefits including health, dental, 401K, transit, as well as a cell phone, work from home benefits, free Citi Bike membership, a stocked office pantry, and a variety of other perks.
Note: Our office is temporarily closed due to Covid and all staff are expected to work remotely and provide their own internet connection until we are able to safely reopen. Longer term, we are open to both candidates who would work from our New York City office and remote candidates. Working hours will be based in Eastern time zone.
Minimum education required
How to apply
Please submit resume, detailed cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Account Executive in the subject line.
Job type: Full time
Do you have a way with the English language? Even better, are you a grammar nerd with a desire to help missions thrive? If that's a yes, then we invite you to apply for our Editorial Assistant role on the creative team at Sanky Communications.
The Editorial Assistant will:
- Assist the Copy Editor with fact checking, editing and proofing copy for our nonprofit clients
- Collaborate closely with the creative team, including copywriters, creative leads and other designers
- Need to be flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced agency environment with multiple deadlines
- Know when and how to ask questions
- Be active in learning to refine creative messaging for organizations ranging from animal shelters to social justice organizations
- Assist the Copy Editor in the management of day-to-day copy deliverables
- Proof and edit as necessary:
- Direct mail packages (Be able to adhere to traditional and not-so-traditional direct mail writing approaches while ensuring consistency with brand standards of our clients)
- Social media marketing (Understand the character limitations of a promoted Facebook post versus a carousel post on Instagram)
- Email marketing for nonprofits (Be ready to learn — or already understand — the fundamentals of getting users to open and respond to emails)
- Assist in all aspects of content development and quality assurance testing for large-scale web projects (Be open to learning and evolving copy editing skills in an ever changing technologically driven environment)
- Assist with small but important copywriting deliverables, such as an SMS post or Facebook fundraiser.
Desired skills, experience and traits:
- A can-do attitude
- Solid command of the English language
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- Stellar organizational skills with an obsessive eye for details and facts
- Ability to pass a short proofing test to prove you're the one for the job
- Familiarity with G suite apps, Basecamp and Slack
- Knowledge of multi-channel marketing and fundraising for nonprofits
- Basic understanding of layout design for print and web
- Ability to verbally communicate copy editing decisions
Sanky offers extensive benefits including health, dental, 401K, as well as a free Citibike membership and a variety of other perks.
Tell us in one or two paragraphs why you think the Editorial Assistant position is the right fit for you. Please also include your resume and email it to: email@example.com with “Editorial Assistant” in the subject line.
Job type: Freelance
Is graphic design your passion? Are you comfortable and productive working remotely? Do you aspire to design for positive social impact and a better world? If you answered yes to all three questions, then we invite you to apply — Sanky Communications is looking for a freelance Designer to join their creative team.
The Freelance Designer would:
- Design communications for a broad range of projects
- Collaborate with the copywriters at times
- Communicate design solutions to Design Director
- Create new visual approaches for client campaigns while maintaining integrity of their brand
Design responsibilities include:
- Campaign concepting
- Direct mail print packages
- Websites & landing pages
- Miscellaneous graphics (sometimes animated) for social media and digital advertising
- Access to computer, high speed internet, and space to work remotely
- Available to work and communicate minimum 10-20 hrs per month (working during weekend acceptable)
- Able to work on Basecamp, Slack and Zoom
- Deep understanding of design principles and ability to follow brand standards
- A portfolio of digital and print work to showcase this knowledge
- Ability to collaborate with copywriters and comprehend design direction
- 5-6 years professional experience
- Proficient with following softwares:
- Proficiency with print design, general web development, and email design limitations
- Desire to work with nonprofits!
- Experience working with nonprofits particularly with multi-channel marketing and fundraising communications
- Self-motivated and proactive
- After Effects and video editing experience
- Interaction design experience
Tell us in one or two paragraphs why you think the Designer role is the right fit for you. Please include your resume and portfolio and email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Freelance Designer” in the subject line.